Saturday, Sept 7th @ 10:15am to 5pm
NWFPV Home Field in Hillsboro/Tigard
4200 SW 184th ave
(note: due to limited parking, please be prepared to drop off equipment and park at the far end of the field in an adjacent empty lot)
How to Register:
* Simply purchase the item here, and you will be entered into the race by a Northwest FPV Organizer. You will then receive an email with all of the information you'll need.
** If you are an NWFPV paying member, the item will be discounted appropriately when added to your shopping cart.
* Spectators are free - bring your friends, family, and kids
* All participating pilots are required to hold a current AMA registration. (Full membership only)
* Video Transmitter output power of 25 mW
* Must be allowed inspection (briefly) for VTX power and failsafe check before flight by an event organizer
* RHCP and LHCP antenna options (equip as assigned) - These are required if you want guaranteed participation in the ladder mains. Please make the investment ahead of time. Accommodations can be made, but should not be expected.
* LED's are recommended
Before the race:
* Set your frequency and equip the correct antenna polarity according to the email that you will receive.
* CHECK YOUR FAILSAFE! (If you are unfamiliar with this process, please consult this video: https://goo.gl/fYTGeW)
Charge your batteries and double check all of your connections.
* Double and triple check that your video works on the exact frequency you've been assigned and that your video is clear and works at a decent range. We use 5658 (Raceband 1), 5695 (R2), 5760 (Fatshark 2), 5800 (F4), and 5880 (F8/R7) and 5917 (R8). If you cannot access any of these frequencies, please note that when you place your order.
* Prepare for sun. There are no indoor shelters at the event.
* Pack snacks/drinks. It's a longer amount of time than you think. You'll need to recharge and keep your brain in the game.
* Recommended: Lower your rates. Most of the experienced pilots are running rates between 300deg/sec and 500deg/sec
* Race format is subject to change at the last minute to better the flying experience but for the most part, we try to stick to this simple format:
** Pilots fly 2+ heats of practice
** Pilots fly in 5+ heats of qualifiers
** Pilots will qualify for Ladder Main based on the best-combined results out of the heats (lowest scored heat is dropped). All pilots will participate in ladder mains.
* Bathrooms will not be available. The nearest amenities will be a short ~2min drive or ~10 minute walk away.
* Charging station: Power will not be available. Please bring your own field charging solution, or make plans ahead of time to share with someone who has one. Feel free to contact us if you need help, there are plenty of people with extra charging capacity.
* SAFETY: Spectators are urged to keep a safe distance from the flight line. The course will be designed to keep spin-offs to a minimum. Pilots should be particularly quick on the disarm switch in light of the increased number of spectators and showpiece cars in close proximity.
* Food: There will be food for purchase at the event, but don't depend on availability. Please come prepared.
See you there!!
* 10:15 AM - Course setup and pilot readiness
* 10:30 AM - Aircraft/Safety Inspection/New Pilot Orientation. (Pilots should be ready to fly at this time)
* 10:45 AM - Quick Pilot Meeting and Course Walkthrough
* 11:00 PM - Practice Starts
* 1:00 PM - Quick break, sponsor announcement, raffle (if applicable)
* 1:15 PM - <Racing Resumes>
* Spectators - Feel free to show up any time, also please ask questions, we love talking about this stuff!
Northwest FPV - 2019 Sept 7 Race at NWFPV Home Field
- Brands Northwest FPV
- Product Code: 2019-09-07
- Availability: Out Of Stock