Northwest FPV is known for their amazingly challenging and fun to fly courses - come see what all of the fuss is about!
Spectators, come on out and watch or fly these high-performance racing drones around a fast but challenging course. See below for venue amenities and details.
Please register early and often, it makes our lives WAY easier. Registration will close 8pm Friday night 2/15.
Note: Free checkout has been disabled due to some weird quirks. NWFPV full members will be charged $0.10 (ten cents) 'convenience fee' while we resolve the issue. We apologies for the inconvenience created by the convenience fee.
This race will have a Team race after the A-mains are complete. If you want to participate, please have a quad with a Vtx Disabling switch such as RealPit or VTXassassin. Pitmode will not be enough.
Saturday, February 16th @ 10am to 4pm
Pilots, here's your info:
* Simply purchase this item and you will be entered into the race by a Northwest FPV Organizer. You will then receive an email with the MultiGP event link and all of the information you'll need (if this product description isn't enough).
** If you are a NWFPV paying member, the item will be discounted appropriately when added to your shopping cart. If you're a full member, select "Free Checkout" upon checkout.
* Spectators are free - bring your friends, family, and kids
* All participating pilots are required to hold a current AMA registration. (Full membership only)
All competing aircraft must meet the following requirements:
* Video Transmitter output power of 25 mW
* Must be allowed inspection (briefly) before flight by an event organizer
* LED's visible to other pilots in flight are required
* RHCP and LHCP antenna options (equip as assigned) - Seriously though, these are required. Please make the investment ahead of time. Accommodations can be made, but should not be expected.
* Please come prepared to change VtX Frequency and Antenna polarity if necessary to participate in the Ladder Mains portion of the race.
Before the race:
* Set your frequency and antenna polarity according to the Email Confirmation you received from NWFPV. (You may be asked to change either to compete in the ladder mains portion of the race)
* Charge your batteries and double check all of your connections.
* Double and triple check that your video works on the exact frequency you've been assigned and that your video is clear and works at a decent range.
* Dress warm/wear layers. While we will be inside and dry, it is an unheated building. Hands will get cold!
* Pack snacks/drinks. All of the "ripping" of proverbial "balls" may get tiring. You'll need to recharge.
* Optional: Lower your rates. This is an indoor course, so the freestyle rates may be too high. We probably won't be doing much flippy flopping.
* Race format can change at the last minute, but for the most part we try to stick to this simple format:
** Pilots fly 2+ heats of practice
** Pilots fly in 5-6 heats of "Qualifiers".
** Pilots are ranked based on the best 5 combined results out of the 6 heats (lowest score is dropped).
** Qualifiers are used to see Ladder Mains. Best 2 of each ladder main advance to the next heat. Final A-main is a best 2 of 3 races to determine final standings.
Here's how it will work:
** 3 people per team. Don't worry if you don't come with a team. We can group people together on site.
** 8 minute relay
** Most laps wins, with total time as the tie breaker.
** There will be nobody on the course to flip/retrieve crashed quads during the race.
** RealPit or similar is required to turn VTx power on and off from the radio.
** Everybody's quad will start on the start pad. First pilots fly until their battery is done or they crash, then they turn off their vtx. Second pilot turns on the vtx and flies, then the 3rd pilot.
* Restrooms are available in the main lobby to the left of the entrance shown on the map. You will find them through the front doors or through the doors from the stables.
* Charging station: Power strips will be provided trackside. You may bring your charger to top off batteries or charge between heats.
* Cleaning station: an air compressor is provided to blow the dirt out of your equipment.
* SAFETY: A large safety net protects the spectator and pilot areas. Please stay behind it. Feel free to bring children!
See you there!!
* 10:15 AM - Course setup and pilot readiness
* 10:30 AM - Aircraft/Safety Inspection/New Pilot Orientation
* 10:45 AM - Quick Pilot Meeting and Course Walkthrough
* 11:00 AM - Practice Starts (Please be ready to fly at this time)
* 12:00 PM - Quick break, sponsor announcement, raffle (if applicable)
* 12:15 PM - <Racing Resumes>
* Spectators - Come whenever! Flying starts at 11:00 AM so feel free to filter in and out as you please.
NWFPV February Indoor 2019! Individual and Team Racing
- Brands Northwest FPV
- Product Code: 2019-02-16
- Reward Points: 25
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Price in reward points: 25