Please register early and often, it makes our lives WAY easier. Registration will close 8pm Friday night 7/19.
This is IT. What will your fastest 3 laps in a row be? The top 200 finishers in the country will qualify for MultiGP Finals later in the year. Even if you don't plan or want to qualify, it will be a super fun and fairly large course, so come out and have a great day!
Saturday, July 20th @ 10:15am to 5pm
5665 SW Minter Bridge Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97123
Pilots, here's your info:
Note: Free checkout has been disabled due to some weird quirks. NWFPV full members will be charged $0.10 (ten cents) 'convenience fee' while we resolve the issue. We apologies for the inconvenience created by the convenience fee.
If time permits, we will have a team race after the qualifiers are complete. If you want to participate, please have a quad with a Vtx Disabling switch such as RealPit or VTXassassin. Pitmode will not be enough.
* Simply purchase this item and you will be entered into the race by a Northwest FPV Organizer. You will then receive an email with the MultiGP event link and all of the information you'll need (if this product description isn't enough).
** If you are a NWFPV paying member, the item will be discounted appropriately when added to your shopping cart. If you're a full member, select "Free Checkout" upon checkout.
* Spectators are free - bring your friends, family, and kids
* All participating pilots are required to hold a current AMA registration. (Full membership only)
All competing aircraft must meet the following requirements:
* Video Transmitter output power of 25 mW
* Must be allowed inspection (briefly) before flight by an event organizer
* LED's visible to other pilots in flight are required
* RHCP and LHCP antenna options (equip as assigned) - Seriously though, these are required. Please make the investment ahead of time. Accommodations can be made, but should not be expected.
* Please come prepared to change VtX Frequency and Antenna polarity if necessary to participate in the Ladder Mains portion of the race.
Before the race:
* Set your frequency and antenna polarity according to the Email Confirmation you received from NWFPV. (You may be asked to change either to compete in the ladder mains portion of the race)
* Charge your batteries and double check all of your connections.
* Double and triple check that your video works on the exact frequency you've been assigned and that your video is clear and works at a decent range.
* Dress warm/wear layers.
* Pack snacks/drinks. All of the "ripping" of proverbial "balls" may get tiring. You'll need to recharge.
* Optional: Lower your rates. If you've made it this far through the list, you are probably new, and your rates are probably too high.
* Race format can change at the last minute, but for the most part we try to stick to this simple format:
** Pilots fly 2+ heats of practice
** Pilots fly in 5 race heats "Qualifiers".
** Pilots are ranked based on the fastest 3 consecutive laps of any qualifying heat. At this point, the MultiGP race is over.
** If time permits, we will have either Ladder Mains or Team Racing after the Qualifer is complete.
Here's how it will work:
** 3 people per team. Don't worry if you don't come with a team. We can group people together on site.
** 8 minute relay
** Most laps wins, with total time as the tie breaker.
** There will be nobody on the course to flip/retrieve crashed quads during the race.
** RealPit or similar is required to turn VTx power on and off from the radio.
** Everybody's quad will start on the start pad. First pilots fly until their battery is done or they crash, then they turn off their vtx. Second pilot turns on the vtx and flies, then the 3rd pilot.
* Porta Potties will be Onsite. We can't use the bathrooms in the house.
* We will not have power available to the public. Please bring a field charger (or ask a team member, we probably have one to share)
See You There!!
* 10:15 AM - Course setup and pilot readiness
* 10:30 AM - Aircraft/Safety Inspection/New Pilot Orientation
* 10:45 AM - Quick Pilot Meeting and Course Walkthrough
* 11:00 AM - Practice Starts (Please be ready to fly at this time)
* 12:00 PM - Quick break, sponsor announcement, raffle (if applicable)
* 12:15 PM - <Racing Resumes>
* Spectators - Come whenever! Flying starts at 11:00 AM so feel free to filter in and out as you please.
NWFPV MultiGP Championship Qualifier July 20th in Hillsboro, OR
- Brands Northwest FPV
- Product Code: 2019-07-20
- Reward Points: 25
- Availability: 27
- Price in reward points: 25